I’m Jennifer Li. Here are a few things about me, in no particular order:
- From Chinatown, New York. Now in Oakland, CA. Was in Washington, D.C., and Northampton, MA (Smith College) before that.
- An out-of-practice artist who makes stuff when there’s a deadline or I remember to (which is not often).
- I once founded a campaign that got a racist and misogynistic pick-up artist’s visa revoked and denied by Australia, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Japan, and South Korea.
- I’m the California State Director for Rise— we passed the Sexual Assault Survivor Bill of Rights in California. Governor Brown signed the bill into law on Oct. 12, 2017! We’re working on New York next. Every state should have a Sexual Assault Survivor Bill of Rights.
- I was featured on Apartment Therapy once! Check out the tour here.
- Digital strategist for labor unions. Currently at IFPTE Local 21. Used to be on AFSCME’s Digital team and was AFGE’s Online Political Coordinator before that.
- I can individually raise either one of my eyebrows.
- I’m currently level 35 on Pokemon Go.
- Interned at fancy places like Congressional Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, U.S. Rep. Edolphus Towns’ office, and NY Assemblymember Deborah Glick’s office.
- Really likes cats, tea, plants, and Sailor Moon (Sailor Uranus is my favorite if anyone’s asking).
- Allergic to bullshit.